work is inspired by my family history in Conception Bay North and St.
John's. I am caught up in the artifacts that my ancestors left on the
landscape and in houses. My prints and paintings explore the stories
that these artifacts tell and the people they describe.
Bachelor of Ed. (Social Studies). Canadian Union College, Alberta, 1995
Bachelor of Arts, Fine Arts and Theology (honors)
Andrew’s University, Michigan, 1985
Printing Certificate (honors) College of Trades and Technology, Newfoundland,1978
Memberships:Book Arts Association of Newfoundland & Labrador
Craft Council of Newfoundland & Labrador
St. Michael’s Printshop
Visual Artists of Newfoundland & Labrador
Grants and Collections:
- Newfoundland and Labrador Arts Council: ArtsSmarts and Professional Projects Grants
- City of St. John’s Art Bank
- Province of Newfoundland & Labrador Art Procurement
- Ephemera, two-woman show with Caroline Clarke, Devon House Gallery, Craft Council of NL, St. John's, NL, 2017
- Jennifer Morgan: Art Meets History, solo show, the Annex, Admiralty House Museum, Mount Pearl, NL, 2017
- The Spirit of the Caribou, group show, Devon House Gallery, St. John's, NL, 2014
- Christmas Mummers, group show, Red Ochre Gallery, St. John's, NL, December 2014
- Dear Emma…, solo show, Red Ochre
Gallery, St. John’s, NL, March 2014
- Annual Members Exhibit, juried group show, Craft Council of NL,
Devon House Gallery, St. John’s, NL, 2013
- Blooms, Breezes & Bergs, group show, Red Ochre Gallery,
St. John’s, NL, 2012
- Comfort & Joy, juried group show, Craft Council of NL,
Devon House Gallery, St. John’s, NL, 2012
- A Breath of Fresh Air, group show, Red Ochre Gallery, St.
John’s, NL, 2011
- Lovely as a Tree, solo show, Rogue Gallery, Eastern Edge, St. John’s, NL, 2008
- Maaps Bienniel, juried group show, Halifax, NS, 2007
- All Around The Mulberry Bush, group show, Craft Council of NL, Devon
House Gallery, St. John’s, NL, 2005
- The Coley’s Point House, solo show, The Christopher Pratt
Gallery, Bay Roberts, NL, 2003
- What People Leave Behind, solo show, St. Michael’s Printshop
Gallery, St. John’s,
- Pacific Prints, juried group show, Pacific Art League, Palo Alto, California, 2000
- Signatures, group show, Eastern Edge Gallery, St. John’s, NL, 1996
- Newfoundland and Labrador Arts and Letters, juried show, St John’s, NL,
1995, 1996, 2002-2009
- Morgan, Bernice. Dragon’s Song. St. John’s: Running
the Goat Press, 2015.
- Morgan, Jennifer. Almost Home: The Sinking of the S.S.
Caribou. St. John’s: Breakwater Books, November 2012.
- (illustrations in) Culture
& Heritage Identity: Selected Topics in Nfld. and Lab. Studies. Dept.
of Ed, 2010.
- Queller, Buchanan, Rubia eds. A Charm Against the Pain. St.
John’s: Flanker, 2006.
Swanson, Gary B., ed. Amos.
Collegiate Quarterly, October-December,
Pacific Press, 2001.
- Morgan, George M., Alcock and Brown and the Boy in the Middle.
St. John’s: Tuckamore Books, 1994.
Krachun, Peggy Smith, ed. Life Sentences. St. John’s: Creative
- Rubia, Geraldine. A Poem in My Soup. St. John’s:
- Morgan, Rubia and Porter, eds. From This Place. St. John’s:
St. Micheal’s Printshop, St. John’s, NL
Advocate Press, Coaker Foundation, Port Union, NL